Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A few words of warning

Remember how I said I’m taking a blogging break to pull myself back together? Well then can you imagine how pissed I must be right now to be typing out this post? But some things simply have to be said and they need to be said now, not when I’m feeling better.

Guys. Stop being dumb. No, seriously. Stop being dumb. I’m not naming any names. I’m not calling anyone in particular out. But I am seeing certain behaviors lately that make me very scared for some of you.

The proxies are not our friends. Let me repeat that. The homicidal people that work for the faceless Eldritch Abomination that is trying to drive us out of our minds and kill us painfully are NOT our friends.

Look I get it. Maurice is funny and amusing. The Messenger is trying to show us the sympathetic side of working for the Eldritch Abomination. Morningstar…actually I have no idea why most of you argue with Morningstar. But whatever the reasons, stop giving them what they want!

Do you realize what’s going to happen if you keep giving in to what Maurice and the Messenger are telling us? The stories they tell about the poor proxies that don’t have a choice about what they are trying to do to us? The more you sympathize with them, the more you pity them, the less you will be able to fight back when they inevitably come to try and kill you. And if you can’t fight back, you’re dead. It’s that simple.

I’m not saying you need to be able to kill the ones coming for you. Hell I’m the one who came up with super pepper spray because I would rather blind someone then have to use potentially lethal weapons like knives or hammers. But there’s a reason that armies are taught to dehumanize their enemies. If you sympathize with your enemy you’ll hesitate. And if you hesitate for even a second, that’s all they’ll need, Just one second where your guard is down. Yes they are still humans. They’re not animals. But guess what guys? They won’t hesitate to torture you. In ways that you don’t even want to imagine. And then if you’re lucky, at the end, they’ll kill you. If you’re not lucky, they’ll give you to their boss. I am speaking from experience here folks. Still don’t believe me? Why don’t you go ask Tony what he did to people when he was working for it?

Don’t you guys get it? They want us to hesitate. They want us dead. Someone like the Messenger is more dangerous than all the Rikas and Eulogies combined. In fact he is probably the most dangerous of the faceless bastard’s minions that are currently among the living. He’s making you feel for them. And the more you feel for them, the more you’ll hesitate.

Don’t be a murderer. Don’t just randomly kill as many proxies as you can because you can. It’s not living anymore if you forget to be a human yourself. But never forget that they are NOT our friends. Some of them can become our allies like Reach did. But never stop defending yourself because you feel bad that the other side is hurting or scared. Aren’t we hurting and scared too? They are the ones coming after us! Stop forgetting that!

We want to think that they are all like Reach. That they can be saved, brought back to the light. But we can’t try to bring them back at the cost of our own lives. Hell Maurice wished me happy birthday a few weeks ago. But just a few entries before that he was doing his best to troll me, to create doubt and discord. And because he is funny and sometimes sympathetic, you guys are listening to what he says when he condemns us for defending ourselves when attacked.

And finally there are trolls like Morningstar and the deceased Rikas. They don’t pretend to be sympathetic. They do everything possible to hurt us physically, mentally, emotionally. So why the hell are you people still arguing with them? Stop giving them what they want! They want you to get mad, yell, scream. And the more attention you give them, the happier they are. As a wise man once said, don’t feed the trolls!

None of us are soldiers. We haven’t been trained to view the people trying to maim and kill us as things instead of people nor should we. This isn’t about making them less then what they are. It’s about keeping ourselves safe. It’s hard enough to fight back and stay alive without becoming more sympathetic towards them then we already are.

ETA: I put this as a comment, but I think I need to have in a more obvious spot on this post as well.

You guys are missing the point. I never said don't talk to them. I said stop letting your guard down. Don't give them trust. Don't let them get inside your head. You want to try and save them? Rock on. Reach can't be the only one that can be saved. But try to save them at the cost of your own safety? That's dumb. And dumb gets you killed.

37 comments:

  1. Don't worry. I learned that lesson a long time ago. It's just a bit more of an extreme application these days.

    As for why I argue with Morningstar? It's good to get some frustration out on someone I don't give two shits about.

    But I do see your point on that one. I will do my best to leave them be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay... I can't speak for anyone else, I suppose, but I'd hesitate to throw a punch even to someone I absolutely loathe. It's just my nature. So I see no harm in trying to reason with a few people, particularly the ones that seem at least remotely reasonable. When you get right down to it, it's kind of my only defense. Besides, if you'll recall, pulling people back into the light is the main reason I came here. I may not always succeed, or even do it right, but I have a job to do, and I am going to do it. Regardless of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man I'm no proxy.

    Not yet anyways.

    And I swear on my stage that I've only ever been responsible for five deaths. Never by choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I'm pretty new to the blog, but yeah, I just thought I should comment.

    Arguing with proxies is useless, I agree, it lets them get under our skin. But communicating with them, talking to them, I don't see a problem with it.

    If the British and the Germans could play football in no-mans-land, why can't we? It's a war, sure, but we don't have to hate the soldiers. Hell, we could even bring those who are lost to Him back to us. It's happened before...

    And Maurice: You're a scared man who works for Him, sure you're not a proxy yet, you're not writing scary notes in crayon, but you are still infecting others. And that is something many of us really hate.

    -Joel

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the other hand, most trolls will let you over their bridge if you pay their fee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What? Who says I am not your friend. I am EVERYONE'S FRIEND. I LOVE Everyone. I would never hurt a fly. Honest. Would I lie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... You sound like the rest of my ''family''. Softer, but still like them.

    Maybe is just the hard way to do things what they want to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *sighs* You guys are missing the point. I never said don't talk to them. I said stop letting your guard down. Don't give them trust. Don't let them get inside your head.

    You want to try and save them? Rock on. Reach can't be the only one that can be saved. But try to save them at the cost of your own safety? That's dumb. And dumb gets you killed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reach was the exception that proved the rule.

    Shoot to kill. They won't give you the decency of humanizing you and looking at things from your point of view, or trying to save the poor human. Don't do the same for them or you'll end up with a smoking hole in your chest, or one of them. And then it will fall on someone else to pull the trigger with the gun pressed to your head.

    If you think you can save them, more power to you. But wars are won on the credo "better safe than sorry." They're not human anymore. They're things. Puppets to the creature's will.

    Shoot. To. Kill.

    ReplyDelete
  10. kay kay kay you're so mean to me.

    does this mean you hate me? :c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cynthia I have never hated you. But you would hurt me if your Daddy wanted you to, wouldn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. nooo not at all kay. why would you think that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Because you've said before you'll do what makes your Daddy happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i make myself happy too. and He understands me, kay. He understands me the best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know you feel that way sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you should feel that way too. you don't get it. He just wants what's best for us, He knows everything about us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. No Cynthia I don't get it and I never will. Not after what your Daddy did to Maggie and Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  18. but you killed a person too. so why is what He did wrong? they disobeyed Him.

    ReplyDelete
  19. But Cynthia, I have never said what I did was right. I've actually said many times that its wrong to kill and that I wished I had found another way. That's why I came up with something that lets me defend myself without having to worry about someone getting killed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. killing is easier though. it makes the person stop being mean to you. and no matter how many times you say it's wrong it still happened like that. besides, Daddy has other ways too. that's why you should go with Him. He just wants us to be one big family without having to punish you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know it happened that way. And I will hate myself for the rest of my life for it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. He doesn't want you to hate yourself. He just wants you to be happy, i don't know why you think different. if you come with us you'll never be unhappy again.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Because I would be happy if Maggie and Jake were still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  24. i would be happy if members of my family were alive too but that doesn't stop people like you from killing them. we all want things. and He can give you them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes we all want things. I want my god children back. You want me to join your family. We don't always get what we want, do we?

    ReplyDelete
  26. no, no we don't. it makes me sad that you won't be friends with me, but that's okay. i have rachel.

    it'll make Him upset and i won't be able to stop Him. i'm sorry that things have to be this way, kay. you are Mommy's best friend after all.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Cynthia. I hope for your Mommy's sake that some day you'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Thage
    Why is our life more important than the one of the others? Besides, we wont fix the problem by killing the proxy who intented to kill us. Another one will fill that place, which means that Blasphemer will infect another innocent person to Its will.

    Lucas 6,27-38

    'Dont hesitate to kill, they will not either'. The point should be 'Dont hesitate to break this hate cycle'.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Never give in to them...never give in to Him. Don't give away your trust. Especially not to a servant of Him.

    ReplyDelete
  30. @Black Hawk

    Trust is a different story for me I must say..

    ReplyDelete
  31. @Keiken So should someone stand there and let the proxy kill them? You think it's better to be dead then to defend yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  32. There is no way..I'd fight to the death to keep one of them from having me without a fight. Death is better than serving Him, but to stand and allow one of them to take you? I couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  34. *sighs* I'm done trying to reason with you Keiken. You just don't get it. Good bye.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Every word, Kay. Agree with every word.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Please be friends. It's so much more fun that way.
    -Ferus

    ReplyDelete
  37. I came here to do some more advertising about the dead boy, but this is something I can comment on. I should comment on. I'm not really on your side.

    I'm not trying to earn anybody's trust. Anything I know, He knows, so you shouldn't trust me. I can't be saved, but I don't want to kill you. Not during my half. He might want to kill you, and He might use my body to do it.

    Other than that, I think I agree. Don't be dumb. If somebody killed me because of what He was using me for, well, I'd be dead. But I couldn't really blame you if that was the only way to not die yourself. It's half of a life versus a whole one.

    ReplyDelete