Sunday, May 22, 2011

My packages arrived. Definitely worth paying the extra money for overnight shipping. I spent the morning experimenting with a few different recipes and came up with a lovely little toy.

What does a metal spray bottle, rubbing alcohol, baby oil, and ghost peppers create when combined in just the right proportions?

Some of the nastiest pepper spray ever created. The recipe calls for cayenne. I figure that cayenne isn't guarnateed to work, especially if your attacker happen to enjoy spicy foods, might have a tolerance. But ghost peppers are the hottest naturally grown peppers in the world. They're used to keep elephants away! Tolerance or not, if you're getting past pepper spray made from those babies, I probably wasn't strong enough to get past you to begin with. All I needed was a chance to see how it worked.

And unfortunately I got that chance last night.

He wasn't the smartest as far as proxies go. He actually jumped up in front of my kitchen window screen and yelled boo. Sadly for him, ever since Maduin's announcement the other night, I've been waiting for something like this and I had my new toy ready. And well to be honest, when he screamed boo, I shrieked and used the spray without even thinking. Maybe that means my survival instincts are getting stronger?

I sprayed him through the screen in the eye holes of his mask twice before the effect hit him. His scream was...not pleasant as he tore the mask off his face, rubbing helplessly at his eyes.

I kept the bottle held up as I listened to him scream in pain. I somehow managed to keep from dropping it and running outside to see if he was alright. Instead when he disappeared from the view of my kitchen window I ran into the living room to watch him from the windows there.

He ran off down my street, screaming about "the Master will have the bitch." The bitch I assume meaning me. That's fine. To quote one of my favorite authors, "Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman's got to hold on to." 

And then he ran into a car. A parked cop car. The cop got out of his car and while I couldn't quite make out what was being said, it was sufficient enough for the officer to cuff my would be attacker and drive away with him in the back of the car. It was a bit of a relief actually. I don't want to have to deal with attackers and police anymore. There's only so many times a woman can be a victim in the space of three months before they're going to start looking more closely into why the woman is being attacked that often.

He looked so young.  Or maybe I'm just getting old. I don't even know anymore. I doubt he even had his driver's license yet.

I am so relieved this stuff worked. Having to fight with a kid? It's been bad enough dealing with the hollowed adults. A kid is too much to even contemplate. So I think I'll drop that particular line of thought and instead celebrate my creation of a very nasty weapon that I can not only use from a distance, but unless the person has an allergy, should be completely effective as well as nonlethal. 

Fighting without killing. It can be done folks. You just need to get creative.

6 comments:

  1. Very good. Creative indeed. The best defense is preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mad Ventriloquist tried to eat pepper spray once. It was not particularly good. In his defense, he was very drunk.

    The Mad Ventriloquist congratulates you on your new weapon. He supports fighting without killing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one, Kay. I wholeheartedly approve. ^^

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naga jolokai. Did a science project with them once. very painful. very painful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonus points for getting him to ram his head into a police car, and get himself arrested.

    Stay intact, alright? The three of us have work to do. :D

    ReplyDelete