Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A few random things

A quick story because we all need to laugh right now. I woke up this morning and stumbled into the bathroom to take a shower. I’ve lived alone for a few years now and I’m not really used to having to share my space. I must have been a little noisy because when I got out Darren was awake.

Darren: Why are you up so early?
Me:  I need to get ready for work.
Darren: You’re going to work?
Me: Well yes, my boss would probably be happy if I didn’t call out again this month.
He then proceeded to stare at me as if I had grown an extra head.
Darren: You’re being hunted by an impossible monster, you have a strange man staying in your house, and you’re going to work?
I shrugged.
Me: Need to pay the bills don’t I? As far as it, if I need to start running like you do, I need to have money saved. And as far as you, what’s the worst that happens? You steal my TV while I’m gone and run off? In light of the faceless monster, that doesn’t seem too important, now does it?
He stared at me for another minute, shook his head and went back to my spare room. And yes when I got home from work, both Darren and my TV were still here.

As much as I am pushing to keep my job and stay here, I’m not completely naive. I know that I may have to become a runner. Luckily for me I am an extremely thrifty person. I’ve got a healthy amount of savings and  I’ve got good credit. I could probably get some extra credit cards if I need. And as a last resort, I can sell my house. That would kill me. This was my grandmother’s house and she left it to me when she died. It’s kind of my last link to her. But she wouldn’t want me to stay here and die either.

Final note for the evening. How Darren ended up in the same place I did. Like I mentioned earlier, he’s been running for about nine months. He was being herded for almost two days straight. Faceless would do stuff like block him from hitching a ride with a certain truck, or refuse to let him head into cities. He wasn’t actually dumb enough to enter the forest of his own free will, but got chased in by a proxy. He’s not sure how long exactly he was in there. But eventually he got to an area that had bodies hanging in the trees. He says it could have been hundreds, there were too many to count.  He didn’t get into too much detail about what else happened in there. He just gets this panicky look and says he doesn’t want to talk about it. I’m guessing it was pretty bad.

At that point, he saw that black fog I mentioned in my last post and started to book out of there.  Between the proxy still trying to take him down and trying to dodge trees in the dark, he was pretty beaten by the time he got to me. He did manage to lose the proxy before he got out of the woods and luckily for him there I was having a nervous breakdown in my car. You guys know the rest.

Time to go rest. Got work in the morning. And it’s the only normal thing I have left.

16 comments:

  1. Normalcy is always good in a situation like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm going to keep every shred of it I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear you're doing okay, Kay. I got really worried there, and I still am due to this, "Darren".

    Make sure to keep us updated on everything that happens, okay? And if you need to e-mail me, I'm here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I give the same offer as Cathy.

    And I agree with Thage, routine and normalcy are important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cathy I probably will email you. We're both worried sick about each other I think. What's happening on your end? You're with Thage resting, right?

    @Slice Thanks for the offer. And I am in full agreement with the both of you. I will keep what I can while I still can. Even if my new "friend" does think I'm nuts for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're ok...oKay...ha. Anyway, Magician, have you tried binging on ice cream and sodas? It brings with it a wonderful feeling of both normalcy and of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No ice cream or soda, but I do have a healthy supply of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups staying nice and cold in my fridge.

    Hmmm...maybe I'll stop at the store on the way home and pick up the stuff to make some cookies too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could go for some Reese's myself...

    ReplyDelete
  9. *grin* There are some things I never let run out of stock. My supply of emergency chocolate is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, chocolate! Can I come by? I'll bring hot coco~!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Come on down, the more the merrier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I ever go on a cross-country journey, I may need to liberate some of your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Which way are you? Email me, if you want. Or comment. Or call me a creeper and block me! ^^'

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Thage You are more then welcome to share some.

    @Shelby I'm in Jersey, and that's all I'll say on a public forum like this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's cool! Would you mind an email?

    -Shelby(Artist)

    ReplyDelete